LDF walkout over ordinance to disband Bank boards
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led LDF opposition
today staged a walkout in the Kerala Assembly protesting an
ordinance disbanding director boards of State District
Co-operative banks and imposing administrative rule.
Moving a calling attention on the matter, E P Jayarajan
(CPI-M), alleged that the UDF Government suspended the
director boards of the banks with a view to capturing their
administration now under the control of LDF.
Among the 14 State District Co-operative Banks, 13 were
ruled by LDF and IUML manages the Malappuram District
Jayarajan said that Co-operative register department was in
the process of according recognition to some of the `paper
primary societies`, allegedly floated by UDF sympathisers,
that would have the voting rights to help the UDF.
He demanded that the government withdraw the ordinance and
restore democracy in co-operative sector.
Replying to the calling attention, Cooperation Minister C N
Balakrishnan denied the opposition charge and said the
ordinance was only to correct a "mistake" carried out by the
previous LDF rule.
The LDF government had cancelled the recognition of certain
primary societies holding that they did not carry out banking
Dissatisfied with the government`s stand, leader of the
Opposition V S Achuthanandan walked out of the House along
with other LDF members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why