LDF will have to face political exile after polls: Antony
Mananthavady: Slamming the ruling CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala, Defence Minister A K Antony today
claimed the alliance will have to face "political exile" after the April 13 Assembly polls.
"The people are disgusted with five years rule of LDF government. LDF will have to face political exile after the Assembly polls as it has failed to fulfil election promises it made during its campaign in the last polls," he said.
Addressing an election meeting in support of UDF candidate PK Jayalakshmi (Cong) from Mananthavady constituency, Antony claimed the climate in the state was in UDF`s favour and in the process LDF will be wiped out.
No development activity had taken place in the state during the LDF`s five year rule, he alleged.
The Congress-led UDF was approaching the electorate with the slogan of development and peace while LDF was doing so with political revenge on its mind, he said.
Predicting a repeat of the Lok Sabha and civic election results which favoured UDF, Antony urged people to support UDF and ensure their victory for the state`s development. If UDF was voted to power, Kerala would become the most developed and progressive state in the country by 2016, he said.
Terming Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Mission as a revolutionary project of Congress-led UPA, he said Centre was in the process of planning a more revolutionary project, a food security programme to eradicate famine from the country.
On election surveys by a TV channel which predicted an edge for UDF, Antony said UDF`s victory in the election was sure, but doubt exists only in number of seats it will win.
Union Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran also addressed the meeting.
Antony also canvassed support for UDF candidates at Kalpetta and Sulthan Bathery.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast