Lecturer attack case: Prof removed from service
Kochi: In yet another blow to Prof TJ Joseph who as attack by radical outfit, Popular Front Of India (PFI) the authorities of the private New Man College has removed him from service.
The colleges authorities have informed Joseph that he had been removed from service from Sept 1, source said.
The PFI had hacked the right arm of Joseph on July 4 after he had a prepared a Malayalam question paper allegedly having derogatory reference to prophet Mohammed.
The lecturer, whose served hand was sufured, has injuries all over his body and is currently recovering at his residence at Muvattupuzha in Ernakulam district.
The college authorities had issued a showcause notice to Joseph asking why he should not be removed from service for hurting the religious sentiments of a section of the
Though Joseph had replied to the notice, the management apparently was not convinced and decided to remove him from service.
Meanwhile, reacting to the management decision Prof Joseph said this was an unexpected blow to him and his family, "I have not thought of any legal action so far against the management," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'