Lecturer attack case: Prof removed from service
Kochi: In yet another blow to Prof TJ Joseph who as attack by radical outfit, Popular Front Of India (PFI) the authorities of the private New Man College has removed him from service.
The colleges authorities have informed Joseph that he had been removed from service from Sept 1, source said.
The PFI had hacked the right arm of Joseph on July 4 after he had a prepared a Malayalam question paper allegedly having derogatory reference to prophet Mohammed.
The lecturer, whose served hand was sufured, has injuries all over his body and is currently recovering at his residence at Muvattupuzha in Ernakulam district.
The college authorities had issued a showcause notice to Joseph asking why he should not be removed from service for hurting the religious sentiments of a section of the
Though Joseph had replied to the notice, the management apparently was not convinced and decided to remove him from service.
Meanwhile, reacting to the management decision Prof Joseph said this was an unexpected blow to him and his family, "I have not thought of any legal action so far against the management," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies