Lecturer attack case: Prof removed from service
Kochi: In yet another blow to Prof TJ Joseph who as attack by radical outfit, Popular Front Of India (PFI) the authorities of the private New Man College has removed him from service.
The colleges authorities have informed Joseph that he had been removed from service from Sept 1, source said.
The PFI had hacked the right arm of Joseph on July 4 after he had a prepared a Malayalam question paper allegedly having derogatory reference to prophet Mohammed.
The lecturer, whose served hand was sufured, has injuries all over his body and is currently recovering at his residence at Muvattupuzha in Ernakulam district.
The college authorities had issued a showcause notice to Joseph asking why he should not be removed from service for hurting the religious sentiments of a section of the
Though Joseph had replied to the notice, the management apparently was not convinced and decided to remove him from service.
Meanwhile, reacting to the management decision Prof Joseph said this was an unexpected blow to him and his family, "I have not thought of any legal action so far against the management," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur