Lecturer attack: One more PFI worker arrested from Mangalore
Muvattpuzha: The Special Investigation team
probing the brutal attack on a college lecturer here on July
4, on Friday arrested one more activist belonging to the radical
outfit Popular Front of India (PFI) in connection with the
The accused was arrested from Mangalore yesteday and
brought to Kerala, police sources said.
The lecturer, T J Joseph`s right hand had been chopped off
by attackers and it was later sutured back by doctors of the
Specialist hospital here after a 11 hour long micro surgery.
With this arrest, totally 23 PFI workers have been arrested
in connection with the incident.
Acting on the instruction of SP, P N Unnirajan,
Moovattupuzha Circle Inspector, P P Shams and team arrested,
Pareed (32), a driver, who was directly involved in the attack
on Prof Joseph, from Mangalore yes.terday
The accused was the driver of the van in which the
assailants reached Muvattupuzha and attacked the teacher,
He has been charged with the various offences of IPC
including attempt to murder, criminal conspiracy, unlawful
assembly, rioting, Arms Act and Explosive Act.
The accused was produced before the Judicial
First Class Magistrate court here today and remanded to police
Custody for 10 days.
Joseph had prepared a question paper which allegedly had
some references to Prophet Mohammed, which led to the attack.
A controversy broke over the question paper, he was suspended
by the college authorities and later dismissed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre