Lecturer remanded to 14 days custody
Kozhikode: A local court on Sunday remanded K Subash, Lecturer of the National Institute of Technology here, arrested in Thiruvananthapuram in connection with murder of a 25-year-old woman researcher last year.
He was brought here today.
The research student of NIT-Kozhikode, hailing from Thiruvananthapuram, died by falling into the Periyar river when the train was passing through the Aluva Bridge near Kochi on April 24, 2011.
It was Subhash, travelling with her, who informed the railway police of the disappearance of the researcher. Her body was found from the river a few days back.
The railway police initially dismissed the incident as a case of suicide. However, Kerala High Court ordered an investigation by the Crime Branch based on a plea from her father.
He was arrested after the investigators came across circumstantial evidences into the incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Government may advance Parliament session to get GST laws approved
- Terrorist Burhan Wani's father stayed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living ashram for 2 days? Here is why