Lecturer remanded to 14 days custody
Kozhikode: A local court on Sunday remanded K Subash, Lecturer of the National Institute of Technology here, arrested in Thiruvananthapuram in connection with murder of a 25-year-old woman researcher last year.
He was brought here today.
The research student of NIT-Kozhikode, hailing from Thiruvananthapuram, died by falling into the Periyar river when the train was passing through the Aluva Bridge near Kochi on April 24, 2011.
It was Subhash, travelling with her, who informed the railway police of the disappearance of the researcher. Her body was found from the river a few days back.
The railway police initially dismissed the incident as a case of suicide. However, Kerala High Court ordered an investigation by the Crime Branch based on a plea from her father.
He was arrested after the investigators came across circumstantial evidences into the incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport