Lecturer remanded to 14 days custody
Kozhikode: A local court on Sunday remanded K Subash, Lecturer of the National Institute of Technology here, arrested in Thiruvananthapuram in connection with murder of a 25-year-old woman researcher last year.
He was brought here today.
The research student of NIT-Kozhikode, hailing from Thiruvananthapuram, died by falling into the Periyar river when the train was passing through the Aluva Bridge near Kochi on April 24, 2011.
It was Subhash, travelling with her, who informed the railway police of the disappearance of the researcher. Her body was found from the river a few days back.
The railway police initially dismissed the incident as a case of suicide. However, Kerala High Court ordered an investigation by the Crime Branch based on a plea from her father.
He was arrested after the investigators came across circumstantial evidences into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!