Lecturer remanded to 14 days custody
Kozhikode: A local court on Sunday remanded K Subash, Lecturer of the National Institute of Technology here, arrested in Thiruvananthapuram in connection with murder of a 25-year-old woman researcher last year.
He was brought here today.
The research student of NIT-Kozhikode, hailing from Thiruvananthapuram, died by falling into the Periyar river when the train was passing through the Aluva Bridge near Kochi on April 24, 2011.
It was Subhash, travelling with her, who informed the railway police of the disappearance of the researcher. Her body was found from the river a few days back.
The railway police initially dismissed the incident as a case of suicide. However, Kerala High Court ordered an investigation by the Crime Branch based on a plea from her father.
He was arrested after the investigators came across circumstantial evidences into the incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'