Legislator brings used grenades to Kerala assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: Senior CPI-M legislator E P Jayarajan on Monday created a flutter in the Kerala assembly and raised security concern when he presented two used grenades to the house while moving an adjournment motion over police brutality against students.
Trying to prove his point, Jayarajan showed the two grenades during his address to the house.
He accused police of using force against members of the CPI-M affiliated Students Federation of India (SFI) on Thursday when they were protesting at an event in which Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was to take part.
Speaker G Karthikeyan scolded the Communist Party of India-Marxist leader that the rules did not permit members to carry explosives or weapons into the house.
Karthikeyan directed Jayarajan to hand over the grenades to the security staff. The CPI-M leader obliged.
Replying to the adjournment motion, Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan asked the speaker to ensure that such incidents should not happen in the assembly and raised concern on the safety of its members.
"The speaker should see that this is confiscated and adequate steps are taken to see that such things are not repeated," said Radhakrishnan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’