LJP ties up with 6 political outfits to form Front in Kerala
Kochi: The Lok Janshakti Party (LJP), led by
former Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan, today announced its
tie-up with six political outfits in Kerala to form Secular
Democratic Front for the April 13 Assembly polls.
The Front would be putting up candidates in all the 140
constituencies, Paswan told reporters here.
"Both the Left and Congress-led Fronts are competing on
corruption and misrule following which development, welfare
and social justice besides good governance has suffered," he
The LJP along with Kerala Dalit Panthers (KDP), Republican
Party of India (RPI), Peoples Green Party (PGP), Left Bahujan
Forum (LBF), Secular National Dravida Party (SNDP) and the
SDPI (Social Democratic Party of India), has formed the front
on the basis of a common minimum programme, he said, adding
LJP was demanding "reservation in private sector and
Asked if he had held talks with BSP supremo and Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minsiter Mayawati, whose party is also putting
up candidates in all the 140 constituencies, Paswan replied in
the negative. "No discussion has been held."
"Among the salient features of the programme are: Land to
landless working masses, social security including housing,
healthcare, education and employment to all, reservation in
private sector, judiciary and reservation to Dalit Christians
and Muslims, women`s reservation in Parliament and
legislature," he said.
The Front`s objective is to give a corruption free
governance and inclusive development based on social justice
and ecological sustainability, Paswan said.
Paswan also announced the Front`s manifesto and common
minimum programme, along with the list of 110 candidates of
When asked about the number of women candidates they would
put up, Paswan`s reply was "sufficient numbers"
In other poll bound states like West Bengal and Tamil
Nadu, similar tie-ups were being planned, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit