Lottery issue: Achuthanandan demands Chidambaram`s resignation
Thiruvananthapuram: Former chief minister
VS Achuthanandan on Tuesday demanded resignation of Home Minister
P Chidambaram in the wake of the Centre agreeing for a CBI
probe into operation of other state lotteries in Kerala,
accusing him of scuttling demands for such inquiry whenever
the previous LDF government wanted it.
"Finally the Centre has agreed to a CBI probe. This is
a welcome step. However, Chidambaram should step down as he
had sought to scuttle demands of such a probe, whenever the
previous LDF Government wanted it," the CPI-M leader said
He was reacting to the development in the lottery case
in which Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam said the Centre
was ready and willing to conduct an inquiry into allegations
regarding the lottery operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!