Lottery issue: Achuthanandan demands Chidambaram`s resignation
Thiruvananthapuram: Former chief minister
VS Achuthanandan on Tuesday demanded resignation of Home Minister
P Chidambaram in the wake of the Centre agreeing for a CBI
probe into operation of other state lotteries in Kerala,
accusing him of scuttling demands for such inquiry whenever
the previous LDF government wanted it.
"Finally the Centre has agreed to a CBI probe. This is
a welcome step. However, Chidambaram should step down as he
had sought to scuttle demands of such a probe, whenever the
previous LDF Government wanted it," the CPI-M leader said
He was reacting to the development in the lottery case
in which Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam said the Centre
was ready and willing to conduct an inquiry into allegations
regarding the lottery operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30