`Lottery King` Martin detained under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: `Lottery King` Santiago Martin,
who controls a vast lottery empire across the country, was
arrested and detained under Goondas Act on Saturday for his alleged
involvement in various cases, including land grabbing cases.
Martin, who was on conditional bail after his arrest last
month in connection with a case pertaining to grabbing of land
of a textile mill in the city, was picked up by police when he
came to sign a register in the office of City Police
Commissioner, police said.
The detention order was issued the District Collector,
police said, adding Martin would be lodged in Central Jail
He has also been named as an accused in four cases being
probed by CBI in Kerala relating to alleged irregularities
and corruption in the operation of other state lotteries.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal