`Lottery King` Martin detained under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: `Lottery King` Santiago Martin,
who controls a vast lottery empire across the country, was
arrested and detained under Goondas Act on Saturday for his alleged
involvement in various cases, including land grabbing cases.
Martin, who was on conditional bail after his arrest last
month in connection with a case pertaining to grabbing of land
of a textile mill in the city, was picked up by police when he
came to sign a register in the office of City Police
Commissioner, police said.
The detention order was issued the District Collector,
police said, adding Martin would be lodged in Central Jail
He has also been named as an accused in four cases being
probed by CBI in Kerala relating to alleged irregularities
and corruption in the operation of other state lotteries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- French PM `relieved` Austrian ecologist beat far-right presidential rival
- We will see how Trinamool MPs return from Delhi: Bengal BJP chief
- Take inspiration from Shilpa Shetty if you wish to lose that post-pregnancy weight!
- Benjam Netanyahu rejects French peace initiative, offers to meet Mahmoud Abbas
- Watch: This self-healing insulator can fix the cracks in all your e-wearables!