`Lottery King` Martin detained under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: `Lottery King` Santiago Martin,
who controls a vast lottery empire across the country, was
arrested and detained under Goondas Act on Saturday for his alleged
involvement in various cases, including land grabbing cases.
Martin, who was on conditional bail after his arrest last
month in connection with a case pertaining to grabbing of land
of a textile mill in the city, was picked up by police when he
came to sign a register in the office of City Police
Commissioner, police said.
The detention order was issued the District Collector,
police said, adding Martin would be lodged in Central Jail
He has also been named as an accused in four cases being
probed by CBI in Kerala relating to alleged irregularities
and corruption in the operation of other state lotteries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth