`Lottery King` Martin detained under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: `Lottery King` Santiago Martin,
who controls a vast lottery empire across the country, was
arrested and detained under Goondas Act on Saturday for his alleged
involvement in various cases, including land grabbing cases.
Martin, who was on conditional bail after his arrest last
month in connection with a case pertaining to grabbing of land
of a textile mill in the city, was picked up by police when he
came to sign a register in the office of City Police
Commissioner, police said.
The detention order was issued the District Collector,
police said, adding Martin would be lodged in Central Jail
He has also been named as an accused in four cases being
probed by CBI in Kerala relating to alleged irregularities
and corruption in the operation of other state lotteries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?