`Lottery King` Martin detained under Goondas Act
Coimbatore: `Lottery King` Santiago Martin,
who controls a vast lottery empire across the country, was
arrested and detained under Goondas Act on Saturday for his alleged
involvement in various cases, including land grabbing cases.
Martin, who was on conditional bail after his arrest last
month in connection with a case pertaining to grabbing of land
of a textile mill in the city, was picked up by police when he
came to sign a register in the office of City Police
Commissioner, police said.
The detention order was issued the District Collector,
police said, adding Martin would be lodged in Central Jail
He has also been named as an accused in four cases being
probed by CBI in Kerala relating to alleged irregularities
and corruption in the operation of other state lotteries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in