Lottery scam: Chandy seeks VS`s suggestions
Thiruvananthapuram: A day after CPI(M) veteran VS Achuthanandan attacked Kerala`s UDF government
over the lottery issue, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday sought his suggestions on a proposed CBI probe into corruption in lotteries being run by outside agencies in the state.
Chandy also sought views of Congress MLA VD Satheesan, who had raised the issue in the previous assembly as an Opposition member.
In a letter to Achuthanandan, Chandy said it was on the
advice from the Centre that the notification to refer 32
lottery-related case was issued as it was a procedural
obligation for investigation by the national agency.
Clearing the decks for a CBI probe, the government issued
a notification two days back under the Delhi Special Police
Establishment Act for transferring 32 related cases to the
Achuthanandan, however, dubbed the move a `ploy` to scuttle
a comprehensive probe, arguing the notification did not cover
serious issues like using lottery operations as a cover to
launder blackmoney and channelise funds for subversive
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley