LPG tanker collides, results in gas leak in Kerala
Kasargod: Panic struck the people as an LPG
tanker collided with another tanker, resulting in gas leak at Mylatti on the National Highway, about 30 kms away from Kasargod, today.
The vehicular traffic on the national highway was
affected due to the accident, which had triggered panic among
the people in the area.
All efforts are being made to plug the leak to avoid
spreading of the gas, police said.
The tanker was coming from Mangalore to Kochi, while the
other LPG tanker was proceeding from Kanjankad to Kasargod,
when the mishap occured, they said.
Experts from Mangalore are on way to Mylatti to set
right the gas leak, source said.
Some families residing close to the accident spot have
been removed to other place.
Fire and Rescue units and police, are camping at the
spot, source said.
Last week, an LPG tanker going to Kochi had turned
turtle at Vattappara near Kottackal in Malappuram district,
disrupting the traffic on the national highway for over 30
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read