LPG tanker collides, results in gas leak in Kerala
Kasargod: Panic struck the people as an LPG
tanker collided with another tanker, resulting in gas leak at Mylatti on the National Highway, about 30 kms away from Kasargod, today.
The vehicular traffic on the national highway was
affected due to the accident, which had triggered panic among
the people in the area.
All efforts are being made to plug the leak to avoid
spreading of the gas, police said.
The tanker was coming from Mangalore to Kochi, while the
other LPG tanker was proceeding from Kanjankad to Kasargod,
when the mishap occured, they said.
Experts from Mangalore are on way to Mylatti to set
right the gas leak, source said.
Some families residing close to the accident spot have
been removed to other place.
Fire and Rescue units and police, are camping at the
spot, source said.
Last week, an LPG tanker going to Kochi had turned
turtle at Vattappara near Kottackal in Malappuram district,
disrupting the traffic on the national highway for over 30
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional