LPG tanker collides, results in gas leak in Kerala
Kasargod: Panic struck the people as an LPG
tanker collided with another tanker, resulting in gas leak at Mylatti on the National Highway, about 30 kms away from Kasargod, today.
The vehicular traffic on the national highway was
affected due to the accident, which had triggered panic among
the people in the area.
All efforts are being made to plug the leak to avoid
spreading of the gas, police said.
The tanker was coming from Mangalore to Kochi, while the
other LPG tanker was proceeding from Kanjankad to Kasargod,
when the mishap occured, they said.
Experts from Mangalore are on way to Mylatti to set
right the gas leak, source said.
Some families residing close to the accident spot have
been removed to other place.
Fire and Rescue units and police, are camping at the
spot, source said.
Last week, an LPG tanker going to Kochi had turned
turtle at Vattappara near Kottackal in Malappuram district,
disrupting the traffic on the national highway for over 30
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'