LPG tanker explosion toll touches nine
Kannur: With two more persons succumbing to burns, the toll in the LPG tanker explosion on Monday at nearby Chala has climbed to nine.
The two, undergoing treatment at Pariyaram Medical College Hospital, died Thursday night, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, police said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider on August 27. Six houses, 15 shops and some vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Two of the injured died on Tuesday, two succumbed to their burns on Wednesday and three others yesterday.
Driver of the tanker was absconding, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'