LPG tanker explosion toll touches nine
Kannur: With two more persons succumbing to burns, the toll in the LPG tanker explosion on Monday at nearby Chala has climbed to nine.
The two, undergoing treatment at Pariyaram Medical College Hospital, died Thursday night, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, police said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider on August 27. Six houses, 15 shops and some vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Two of the injured died on Tuesday, two succumbed to their burns on Wednesday and three others yesterday.
Driver of the tanker was absconding, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'