LPG tanker explosion toll touches nine
Kannur: With two more persons succumbing to burns, the toll in the LPG tanker explosion on Monday at nearby Chala has climbed to nine.
The two, undergoing treatment at Pariyaram Medical College Hospital, died Thursday night, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, police said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider on August 27. Six houses, 15 shops and some vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Two of the injured died on Tuesday, two succumbed to their burns on Wednesday and three others yesterday.
Driver of the tanker was absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends