LPG tanker explosion toll touches nine
Kannur: With two more persons succumbing to burns, the toll in the LPG tanker explosion on Monday at nearby Chala has climbed to nine.
The two, undergoing treatment at Pariyaram Medical College Hospital, died Thursday night, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, police said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider on August 27. Six houses, 15 shops and some vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Two of the injured died on Tuesday, two succumbed to their burns on Wednesday and three others yesterday.
Driver of the tanker was absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview