LPG tanker mishap toll rises to 3
Kannur: A woman succumbed to burns at a Kozhikode hospital on Wednesday taking the toll in the LPG tanker mishap near here to three, police said.
Fifty-year-old Nirmala, who was undergoing treatment at Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, breathed her last this morning, sources said. Two persons had succumbed to burns yesterday.
In all 35 people were injured when the tanker lorry overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider at Chala on Monday night. Of this, the condition of 12 continued to be critical, police said.
Six houses, 15 shops and some vehicles were gutted in the explosion and the huge fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened