LPG tanker mishap toll rises to 3
Kannur: A woman succumbed to burns at a Kozhikode hospital on Wednesday taking the toll in the LPG tanker mishap near here to three, police said.
Fifty-year-old Nirmala, who was undergoing treatment at Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, breathed her last this morning, sources said. Two persons had succumbed to burns yesterday.
In all 35 people were injured when the tanker lorry overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider at Chala on Monday night. Of this, the condition of 12 continued to be critical, police said.
Six houses, 15 shops and some vehicles were gutted in the explosion and the huge fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion