Madani denies role in sending threatening letter to BJP office
Coimbatore: Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani has denied that his party has sent any letter to BJP office in the city warning of dire consequences to 12 leaders, if he was not released from Bangalore jail.
The BJP office received a letter on July 29 threatening to kill 12 persons belonging to various Sangh Parivar outfits if their demand for immediate release of Madani, an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blasts, was not met immediately.
In a handwritten letter from Bangalore jail yesterday, produced at a press conference by Madras High Court Advocate V Nandakumar, Madani said he was shocked to hear about the letter, purportedly written by him.
Nandakumar, who is also the President of "Universal Brotherhood Association", an NGO, said today that as a peace loving citizen who did not want to disturb communal harmony, he had been to Bangalore yesterday and met Madani in the Central jail.
In his letter Madani said his party, formed in 1993, has not even once attempted any political or communal murder, which was evident in the records of Kerala Assembly, which released list of political murders occurred in the state every year.
"This is a ploy and evil designs of some vested interests to create terror in the minds of people and disturb communal harmony," the letter said and urged Tamils not to fall prey to such conspiracy, as PDP was not not believing in violence and killings.
Madani is lodged in the central prison in Bangalore since his arrest in August 2010 in connection with the July, 2008 serial bomb blasts in the city in which one person was killed and 20 others were injured.
He is among 31 persons chargesheeted in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter