Madani removes Siraj as PDP working chairman
Kollam: People`s Democratic Party supremo
Abdul Nasser Madani, who was arrested in connection with the
Bangalore blasts case, on Tuesday removed Poonthura Siraj as
working chairman of the party in an attempt to stop infighting
within the outfit.
In a letter sent from Bangalore jail, Madani informed the
senior party leaders that Akbar Ali had been appointed as the
new Working Chairman, sources said. Varkala Raj had been named
as the new general secretary in place of Gafoor Puthuppady.
Action against Siraj and Puthuppady came in the wake of
the duo engaging in a war of words, in the backdrop of civic
polls in Kerala, about the position to be taken visa vis
the Muslim League.
While Siraj favoured adjustments with the Indian Union
Muslim League, a UDF partner, Puthuppady had openly opposed
such a position.
Puthuppady had complained that Siraj was trying to take
the party to the UDF camp through the IUML route, when Madani
was away from the scene.
For long a close associate of Madani, Siraj had been the
main spokesman of the party during the dramatic events that
preceded Madani`s arrest two months ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH