Madani removes Siraj as PDP working chairman
Kollam: People`s Democratic Party supremo
Abdul Nasser Madani, who was arrested in connection with the
Bangalore blasts case, on Tuesday removed Poonthura Siraj as
working chairman of the party in an attempt to stop infighting
within the outfit.
In a letter sent from Bangalore jail, Madani informed the
senior party leaders that Akbar Ali had been appointed as the
new Working Chairman, sources said. Varkala Raj had been named
as the new general secretary in place of Gafoor Puthuppady.
Action against Siraj and Puthuppady came in the wake of
the duo engaging in a war of words, in the backdrop of civic
polls in Kerala, about the position to be taken visa vis
the Muslim League.
While Siraj favoured adjustments with the Indian Union
Muslim League, a UDF partner, Puthuppady had openly opposed
such a position.
Puthuppady had complained that Siraj was trying to take
the party to the UDF camp through the IUML route, when Madani
was away from the scene.
For long a close associate of Madani, Siraj had been the
main spokesman of the party during the dramatic events that
preceded Madani`s arrest two months ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'