Madani removes Siraj as PDP working chairman
Kollam: People`s Democratic Party supremo
Abdul Nasser Madani, who was arrested in connection with the
Bangalore blasts case, on Tuesday removed Poonthura Siraj as
working chairman of the party in an attempt to stop infighting
within the outfit.
In a letter sent from Bangalore jail, Madani informed the
senior party leaders that Akbar Ali had been appointed as the
new Working Chairman, sources said. Varkala Raj had been named
as the new general secretary in place of Gafoor Puthuppady.
Action against Siraj and Puthuppady came in the wake of
the duo engaging in a war of words, in the backdrop of civic
polls in Kerala, about the position to be taken visa vis
the Muslim League.
While Siraj favoured adjustments with the Indian Union
Muslim League, a UDF partner, Puthuppady had openly opposed
such a position.
Puthuppady had complained that Siraj was trying to take
the party to the UDF camp through the IUML route, when Madani
was away from the scene.
For long a close associate of Madani, Siraj had been the
main spokesman of the party during the dramatic events that
preceded Madani`s arrest two months ago.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- Performance issues led to my ouster as Flipkart CEO, says Sachin Bansal
- 'Delhi earthquake today' trending on social media
- Audi to have petrol variants across portfolio by next year
- Gold price falls by Rs 200 to 1-week low of Rs 31,050 per ten grams