Madani says he will surrender before court
Kollam: Facing arrest in 2008 Bangalore
blasts case, PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani on Sunday said he
would surrender before a nearest court in one of the coming
days, the date for which would be announced on Monday.
Addressing a press meet at his camp at Nnwarassery near here
amid intense speculations and suspense, Madani said he
preferred surrendering before a nearest cout court as he was
keen to avoid law and order problems his arrest could trigger.
He also said his health condition was poor and the arrest
in such a state could cause severe difficulties for him. At
the same time, he said, if the poice wanted they could come
and arrest him.
Appearing before the media for the first time after ban
orders were imposed in and around his camp, Madani, swearing
by faith,reiterated that he had no role whatsoever in the
Bangalore blasts case in which he was falsely implicated by
the Karnataka police.
" I did not speak either directly or over telephone with
anybody (allegedly involved in the case) including T Nazeer
(a key accused in the case now under custody)."
He said he was listed as an accuse under the charged that he
he visited Coorg in Karnataka, a place he had never seen in
his life,as part of the conspiracy behind the blasts case.
The PDP leader also denied that arms had been piled in
the complex where he had been camping and said anybody could
examine every nook and cranny of the orphanage complex.
Adding to the drama and suspese, there was a flutter while
the press meet was progressing with some of his followers
alleging that a bag had been thrown into the compound. Madani
said this could be part of the conspiracy against him and
wanted the authorities and mediapersons to examine the bag to
ascertain if it contained any arms or explosive material.
Earlier in the day, local Thehsildar put up a notice in front
of the complex asking the management of the orphanage to
evacuate all those inside other than the regular inmates and
remove stored weapons, if any.
Prohibitory orders have been in force in Mainagappally and
Sasthamcotta panchayats since yesterday, warning against
grouping of five or more people.
A heavy contingent of police,including personnel of Special
Armed Battalion, had been deployed in the area to meet the
situation arising out of Madani`s arrest.
A team of Karnataka police had been camping in the district
for the last six days to arrest Madani after his anticipatory
bail plea was rejected last week by Karnataka High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM