Madani taken back to Bangalore after completion of parole
Nasser Madani, who was in Kerala on a five-day parole to attend his daughter`s wedding and meet his parents, was taken back to Bangalore by Karnataka police this evening.
Madani had been staying at a private medical college hospital at Kollam with tight police security.
The People`s Democratic Party leader, escorted by Karnataka police personnel, was brought here from Kollam and left by a Bangalore flight at 5.45 PM. A large number of slogan-shouting PDP workers greeted him at the airport.
Madani, who reached here on March 13, attended the wedding of his daughter the next day at Kottiyam near his home town Kollam.
The `Khutba-e-Nikah` (wedding message) he delivered at the venue kicked up a controversy in the state as he criticised the Karnataka authorities for `denying` him justice.
Speaking on his plight in the Bangalore jail, he had said the `ray of justice` still appeared to be far off in his case.
BJP state unit had alleged that he misused the speech to criticise the judiciary, thereby violating the conditions of the bail granted to him.
While granting bail, the Bangalore court had restrained Madani from speaking to the media, which however covered his wedding speech in full.
On Monday, Madani met his ageing parents Abdul Samad and Asuma Beevi at an orphanage founded by him at his hometown Anwarssery in Kollam district.
He wept during afternoon prayer at the orphanage, saying he was innocent and was being branded as a terrorist.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’