Madani taken back to Bangalore after completion of parole
Nasser Madani, who was in Kerala on a five-day parole to attend his daughter`s wedding and meet his parents, was taken back to Bangalore by Karnataka police this evening.
Madani had been staying at a private medical college hospital at Kollam with tight police security.
The People`s Democratic Party leader, escorted by Karnataka police personnel, was brought here from Kollam and left by a Bangalore flight at 5.45 PM. A large number of slogan-shouting PDP workers greeted him at the airport.
Madani, who reached here on March 13, attended the wedding of his daughter the next day at Kottiyam near his home town Kollam.
The `Khutba-e-Nikah` (wedding message) he delivered at the venue kicked up a controversy in the state as he criticised the Karnataka authorities for `denying` him justice.
Speaking on his plight in the Bangalore jail, he had said the `ray of justice` still appeared to be far off in his case.
BJP state unit had alleged that he misused the speech to criticise the judiciary, thereby violating the conditions of the bail granted to him.
While granting bail, the Bangalore court had restrained Madani from speaking to the media, which however covered his wedding speech in full.
On Monday, Madani met his ageing parents Abdul Samad and Asuma Beevi at an orphanage founded by him at his hometown Anwarssery in Kollam district.
He wept during afternoon prayer at the orphanage, saying he was innocent and was being branded as a terrorist.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling