Madani`s anticipatory bail plea hearing adjourned to July 7
Bangalore: A fast track court here Tuesday adjourned to July 7 hearing on the anticipatory bail
application of Kerala-based PDP leader Abdul Naseer Madani,
one of the accused in the 2008 Bangalore blast cases.
When the plea came up for hearing, Judge Srikanth
Watavatagi adjourned the hearing for filing of objections on
the application filed by Madani.
The PDP leader has sought anticipatory bail in view of
the Bangalore police filing an additional chargesheet on June
11 listing him as an accused in the blast cases.
He was charged with visiting Laggeri in Somawarpet
taluk in Kodagu District and participating in the conspiracy
to commit the offence (blasts in Bangalore) along with 31
others who had also been chargesheeted.
Contending that he had never gone to Laggeri and was
never a part of any conspiracy, Madani, in his application,
had sought a direction to seek documents from Kerala police
pertaining to his travel programme from 2007 as his movements
were recorded by Kerala police.
A local court had last week issued a fresh
non-bailable warrant (NBW) against Madani, ordering that he be
produced before July 6. The fresh warrant was issued after he
was not produced in the court on June 23 as per an earlier
Madani along with 31 others had been chargesheeted for
alleged involvement in the blasts here that left a woman dead
and 20 others injured when nine low-intensity bombs crude
bombs exploded in different parts of the city on July 25,
He was among the six persons named in the additional
chargesheet. Bangalore police maintain that it has enough
evidence against Madani in the case. Twelve of the 32
chargesheeted are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka