Main culprit in rubber theft case in Kerala police custody
Kottayam: The main suspect in the inter-state rubber theft case, who was formally arrested by Kerala police in Ludhiana jail recently, was brought here for taking evidence, police saidon Saturday.
Gurumeet Singh, who is accused of involvement in a theft of 16,000 kg rubber sheets worth Rs 40 lakh from Kottayam, was arrested in a similar theft case at Ludhiana, police said.
Police brought him here after obtaining his custody from a Magistrate Court at Vaikom where he was produced yesterday.
On interrogation, police found that his father Avatar Singh and uncle Jagtar Singh, who were running a transport company in Haryana, were allegedly involved in the case, sources said, adding, both were absconding.
After questioning, Gurmeet Singh was produced before the Vaikom court which remanded him in judicial custody today.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you