Main culprit in rubber theft case in Kerala police custody
Kottayam: The main suspect in the inter-state rubber theft case, who was formally arrested by Kerala police in Ludhiana jail recently, was brought here for taking evidence, police saidon Saturday.
Gurumeet Singh, who is accused of involvement in a theft of 16,000 kg rubber sheets worth Rs 40 lakh from Kottayam, was arrested in a similar theft case at Ludhiana, police said.
Police brought him here after obtaining his custody from a Magistrate Court at Vaikom where he was produced yesterday.
On interrogation, police found that his father Avatar Singh and uncle Jagtar Singh, who were running a transport company in Haryana, were allegedly involved in the case, sources said, adding, both were absconding.
After questioning, Gurmeet Singh was produced before the Vaikom court which remanded him in judicial custody today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!