Main culprit in rubber theft case in Kerala police custody
Kottayam: The main suspect in the inter-state rubber theft case, who was formally arrested by Kerala police in Ludhiana jail recently, was brought here for taking evidence, police saidon Saturday.
Gurumeet Singh, who is accused of involvement in a theft of 16,000 kg rubber sheets worth Rs 40 lakh from Kottayam, was arrested in a similar theft case at Ludhiana, police said.
Police brought him here after obtaining his custody from a Magistrate Court at Vaikom where he was produced yesterday.
On interrogation, police found that his father Avatar Singh and uncle Jagtar Singh, who were running a transport company in Haryana, were allegedly involved in the case, sources said, adding, both were absconding.
After questioning, Gurmeet Singh was produced before the Vaikom court which remanded him in judicial custody today.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?