Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan honoured
Thiruvananthapuram: Major Sandeep
Unnikrishnan, who laid down his life fighting terrorists
during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, was presented an award
posthumously by the Baby John Foundation here.
Malayalam film actor Mohanlal, who was last year conferred
the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel in Indian Territorial
Army, presented the award to the slain National Security Guard
Commando`s father K Unnikrishnan at a function here yesterday.
The award was instituted in memory of late veteran RSP
leader Baby John.
Unnikrishnan said his son always wanted to be known as an
Indian rather than a Keralitie or Kannadiga. Sandeep, whose
family hails from Kerala and now settled in Bangalore, had
fulfilled his duty to the nation.
Sandeep`s mother Dhanalakshmi was also present on the
Infoys CEO Kris Gopalakrishnan received the Life Time
Achievement award from Congress ledader and former Kerala
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Baby John foundation President D Babu Paul presided over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday