Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan honoured
Thiruvananthapuram: Major Sandeep
Unnikrishnan, who laid down his life fighting terrorists
during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, was presented an award
posthumously by the Baby John Foundation here.
Malayalam film actor Mohanlal, who was last year conferred
the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel in Indian Territorial
Army, presented the award to the slain National Security Guard
Commando`s father K Unnikrishnan at a function here yesterday.
The award was instituted in memory of late veteran RSP
leader Baby John.
Unnikrishnan said his son always wanted to be known as an
Indian rather than a Keralitie or Kannadiga. Sandeep, whose
family hails from Kerala and now settled in Bangalore, had
fulfilled his duty to the nation.
Sandeep`s mother Dhanalakshmi was also present on the
Infoys CEO Kris Gopalakrishnan received the Life Time
Achievement award from Congress ledader and former Kerala
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Baby John foundation President D Babu Paul presided over
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan