Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan honoured
Thiruvananthapuram: Major Sandeep
Unnikrishnan, who laid down his life fighting terrorists
during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, was presented an award
posthumously by the Baby John Foundation here.
Malayalam film actor Mohanlal, who was last year conferred
the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel in Indian Territorial
Army, presented the award to the slain National Security Guard
Commando`s father K Unnikrishnan at a function here yesterday.
The award was instituted in memory of late veteran RSP
leader Baby John.
Unnikrishnan said his son always wanted to be known as an
Indian rather than a Keralitie or Kannadiga. Sandeep, whose
family hails from Kerala and now settled in Bangalore, had
fulfilled his duty to the nation.
Sandeep`s mother Dhanalakshmi was also present on the
Infoys CEO Kris Gopalakrishnan received the Life Time
Achievement award from Congress ledader and former Kerala
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Baby John foundation President D Babu Paul presided over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery