Malayalam film actor arrested in visa racket case
Kochi: Police on Saturday arrested Malayalam film
actor Vijay Kumar for allegedly taking about Rs 7.69 lakh from
two persons promising them US and UK visas.
The arrest was made on a complaint by Louis D`Cruz of
Thiruvananthapuram and Murali of Pachalam in Ernakulam.
According to police, Vijay Kumar had taken about Rs 3.5
lakh from Louis on various occasions since June 16, 2007, and
had promised to get him a US visa. He had taken Rs 4.19 lakh
from Murali and promised him visa to the UK, police said. He
also took Murali`s passport. He neither returned the money nor
helped him get the visas, sources said.
Vijay Kumar was arrested and produced before the Judicial
First Class Magistrate, Aluva, and remanded to 14 days
He is the prime accused in a case relating to transaction
of about Rs 25 lakh alleged hawala money and was out on bail.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof