Malayalam film actor arrested in visa racket case
Kochi: Police on Saturday arrested Malayalam film
actor Vijay Kumar for allegedly taking about Rs 7.69 lakh from
two persons promising them US and UK visas.
The arrest was made on a complaint by Louis D`Cruz of
Thiruvananthapuram and Murali of Pachalam in Ernakulam.
According to police, Vijay Kumar had taken about Rs 3.5
lakh from Louis on various occasions since June 16, 2007, and
had promised to get him a US visa. He had taken Rs 4.19 lakh
from Murali and promised him visa to the UK, police said. He
also took Murali`s passport. He neither returned the money nor
helped him get the visas, sources said.
Vijay Kumar was arrested and produced before the Judicial
First Class Magistrate, Aluva, and remanded to 14 days
He is the prime accused in a case relating to transaction
of about Rs 25 lakh alleged hawala money and was out on bail.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition