Malayalam film actor arrested in visa racket case
Kochi: Police on Saturday arrested Malayalam film
actor Vijay Kumar for allegedly taking about Rs 7.69 lakh from
two persons promising them US and UK visas.
The arrest was made on a complaint by Louis D`Cruz of
Thiruvananthapuram and Murali of Pachalam in Ernakulam.
According to police, Vijay Kumar had taken about Rs 3.5
lakh from Louis on various occasions since June 16, 2007, and
had promised to get him a US visa. He had taken Rs 4.19 lakh
from Murali and promised him visa to the UK, police said. He
also took Murali`s passport. He neither returned the money nor
helped him get the visas, sources said.
Vijay Kumar was arrested and produced before the Judicial
First Class Magistrate, Aluva, and remanded to 14 days
He is the prime accused in a case relating to transaction
of about Rs 25 lakh alleged hawala money and was out on bail.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Myanmar's military investigates a 'war crime' in an era of reform
- Turkey's Erdogan beats foes for now, but at high cost to stability
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan; India's wait to be over soon?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu will not be AAP's CM candidate in Punjab, say top leaders
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016