Malayalam film actor arrested in visa racket case
Kochi: Police on Saturday arrested Malayalam film
actor Vijay Kumar for allegedly taking about Rs 7.69 lakh from
two persons promising them US and UK visas.
The arrest was made on a complaint by Louis D`Cruz of
Thiruvananthapuram and Murali of Pachalam in Ernakulam.
According to police, Vijay Kumar had taken about Rs 3.5
lakh from Louis on various occasions since June 16, 2007, and
had promised to get him a US visa. He had taken Rs 4.19 lakh
from Murali and promised him visa to the UK, police said. He
also took Murali`s passport. He neither returned the money nor
helped him get the visas, sources said.
Vijay Kumar was arrested and produced before the Judicial
First Class Magistrate, Aluva, and remanded to 14 days
He is the prime accused in a case relating to transaction
of about Rs 25 lakh alleged hawala money and was out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued