Malayalam Mission`s textbook released
Thiruvananthapuram: `Malayalam Mission,` is a
project by the Kerala government to educate the new generation
about their native language and culture, Chief Minister VS
Achuthanandan said on Thursday.
Speaking after releasing `Kanikkonna,` the textbook for
language education by handing over a copy to Jnanpith laureate
U R Ananthamurthy at the Cliff House, at the Chief Minister`s
official residence here, Achuthanandan said English language
that came as part of British Raj, had sought to `conquer` the
native language in all states.
Even after six decades of Independence, the mindset of
people in different states having affinity to the foreign
language could not be entirely changed, he said.
"We have to love and cherish our language as we have more
than one crore Malayalees living around the world whose
children should know the culture and language," he said.
`Malayalam Mission` has ensured that students in the state
did not pass out from the tenth standard before studying
their native language, he said.
Ananthamurthy said he was glad his suggestion during his
stint as Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University at
Kottayam to make Malayalam the first language in the state had
become a reality.
"Your Chief Minister is a person standing for values," he
Ananthamurthy said India, right from the days of Gandhiji
and Rabindranath Tagore, had placed cultures of different
regions "even above our nationality. The two great men could
realise that nationality promoted by countries like Germany
and Japan was dangerous for our country speaking several
languages," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!
- Bipasha Basu tells you how to combat bad hair day! Pic inside
- Donald Trump has already damaged national security: Madeline Albright