Malayalam TV channels float joint forum
Thiruvananthapuram: Malayalam TV channels
have come together to float a joint forum to collectively take
up issues concerning the visual media in the state.
After a meeting of executives of channels, Congress leader
and Managing Director of Jaihind TV M M Hassan today said the
organisation has been named as Kerala Television Federation.
"The Federation has been floated with three objectives --
jointly face problems and challenges of the visual media, to
coordinate for taking up common issues faced by media and to
strive to uphold social responsibility of channels," he said.
The formation of such a body assumes significance with
the Kerala Film Chamber, the organisation of producers and
exhibitors recently directing cine artistes to refrain from
appearing as presentors of programmes in television channels.
However, TV channels have come out against this move,
holding that restrictions like this would only create bad
blood between film and television industry.
Hassan said Malayalam channels had actually promoted the
Managing Director of Asianet, K Madhavan, was chosen as
president of the Federation.
Representatives of Manorama News, Amritha, Kairali, India
Vision, Jeevan and Soorya (Sun Network) participated in the
initial meeting held here today, Hassan said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145