Malayalam TV channels float joint forum
Thiruvananthapuram: Malayalam TV channels
have come together to float a joint forum to collectively take
up issues concerning the visual media in the state.
After a meeting of executives of channels, Congress leader
and Managing Director of Jaihind TV M M Hassan today said the
organisation has been named as Kerala Television Federation.
"The Federation has been floated with three objectives --
jointly face problems and challenges of the visual media, to
coordinate for taking up common issues faced by media and to
strive to uphold social responsibility of channels," he said.
The formation of such a body assumes significance with
the Kerala Film Chamber, the organisation of producers and
exhibitors recently directing cine artistes to refrain from
appearing as presentors of programmes in television channels.
However, TV channels have come out against this move,
holding that restrictions like this would only create bad
blood between film and television industry.
Hassan said Malayalam channels had actually promoted the
Managing Director of Asianet, K Madhavan, was chosen as
president of the Federation.
Representatives of Manorama News, Amritha, Kairali, India
Vision, Jeevan and Soorya (Sun Network) participated in the
initial meeting held here today, Hassan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred