Man gets 10 years RI for sexually abusing 7-year-old girl
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A man was today sentenced to ten years rigorous imprisonment by a women`s court here for sexually abusing a seven-year-old girl in May last year.
The Judge-Incharge of the court also held 26-year-old Ulaganathan, a painter, guilty of detaining and threatening to murder the girl and sentenced him to one year RI and five years RI, respectively for the charges. The sentences are to run concurrently.
He also imposed a total fine of Rs 2,000 on him.
The judge held that the case against the accused had been proved by the deposition of the child and medical report.
He also directed the accused to deposit Rs 1 lakh in the name of the affected child under The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore