Man gets 10 years RI for sexually abusing 7-year-old girl
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A man was today sentenced to ten years rigorous imprisonment by a women`s court here for sexually abusing a seven-year-old girl in May last year.
The Judge-Incharge of the court also held 26-year-old Ulaganathan, a painter, guilty of detaining and threatening to murder the girl and sentenced him to one year RI and five years RI, respectively for the charges. The sentences are to run concurrently.
He also imposed a total fine of Rs 2,000 on him.
The judge held that the case against the accused had been proved by the deposition of the child and medical report.
He also directed the accused to deposit Rs 1 lakh in the name of the affected child under The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional