Man gets 10 years RI for sexually abusing 7-year-old girl
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A man was today sentenced to ten years rigorous imprisonment by a women`s court here for sexually abusing a seven-year-old girl in May last year.
The Judge-Incharge of the court also held 26-year-old Ulaganathan, a painter, guilty of detaining and threatening to murder the girl and sentenced him to one year RI and five years RI, respectively for the charges. The sentences are to run concurrently.
He also imposed a total fine of Rs 2,000 on him.
The judge held that the case against the accused had been proved by the deposition of the child and medical report.
He also directed the accused to deposit Rs 1 lakh in the name of the affected child under The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why