Man held for misbehaving towards Japanese tourist
Thiruvananthapuram: Police arrested a local
man for harrassing a 19-year-old Japanese woman tourist at
the beach resort Kovalam near here yesterday.
The arrested, identified as Syed Muhammad (28),had been
charged under Section 354 of IPC for intending to outrage the modesty of the girl, Kovalam police said.
He was given bail after registering the case.
According to police, the man lured the girl to a hotel on
the beach by offering her help to wash her hands which got
sullied while picking up some articles fell on the sandy
On reaching the hotel he allegedly touched her body with
the intention of outraging her modesty but she freed herself
from his clutches. She then came to the police station and
lodged a complaint,police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'