Man held for misbehaving towards Japanese tourist
Thiruvananthapuram: Police arrested a local
man for harrassing a 19-year-old Japanese woman tourist at
the beach resort Kovalam near here yesterday.
The arrested, identified as Syed Muhammad (28),had been
charged under Section 354 of IPC for intending to outrage the modesty of the girl, Kovalam police said.
He was given bail after registering the case.
According to police, the man lured the girl to a hotel on
the beach by offering her help to wash her hands which got
sullied while picking up some articles fell on the sandy
On reaching the hotel he allegedly touched her body with
the intention of outraging her modesty but she freed herself
from his clutches. She then came to the police station and
lodged a complaint,police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1