Man picked up for questioning at Kochi airport
Kochi: Security personnel at the Cochin
International airport have arrested a passenger after a
`dangerous` substance was found in his baggage, airport
The passenger, hailing from Chennai, was on his way to
Muscat yesterday with the baggage, suspected to be containing
nitroglycerene, an explosive substance.
The explosive-trace-detector machine connected to the
inline baggage screening system at the airport pointed to the
presence of a dangerous substance following which the
passenger, Ponnudurai Murugaiya Pillai was questioned and
later handed over to police.
Nedumbassery police sources said he was arrested today and
The substance, a light yellow liquid, in a 10 litre plastic
can has been handed over to police and would be lab tested,
the sources said.
The man said he was working in a food company in Oman and
the liquid was a flavour to be used while making biscuits.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok