Man picked up for questioning at Kochi airport
Kochi: Security personnel at the Cochin
International airport have arrested a passenger after a
`dangerous` substance was found in his baggage, airport
The passenger, hailing from Chennai, was on his way to
Muscat yesterday with the baggage, suspected to be containing
nitroglycerene, an explosive substance.
The explosive-trace-detector machine connected to the
inline baggage screening system at the airport pointed to the
presence of a dangerous substance following which the
passenger, Ponnudurai Murugaiya Pillai was questioned and
later handed over to police.
Nedumbassery police sources said he was arrested today and
The substance, a light yellow liquid, in a 10 litre plastic
can has been handed over to police and would be lab tested,
the sources said.
The man said he was working in a food company in Oman and
the liquid was a flavour to be used while making biscuits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends