Man picked up for questioning at Kochi airport
Kochi: Security personnel at the Cochin
International airport have arrested a passenger after a
`dangerous` substance was found in his baggage, airport
The passenger, hailing from Chennai, was on his way to
Muscat yesterday with the baggage, suspected to be containing
nitroglycerene, an explosive substance.
The explosive-trace-detector machine connected to the
inline baggage screening system at the airport pointed to the
presence of a dangerous substance following which the
passenger, Ponnudurai Murugaiya Pillai was questioned and
later handed over to police.
Nedumbassery police sources said he was arrested today and
The substance, a light yellow liquid, in a 10 litre plastic
can has been handed over to police and would be lab tested,
the sources said.
The man said he was working in a food company in Oman and
the liquid was a flavour to be used while making biscuits.
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?