Man picked up for questioning at Kochi airport
Kochi: Security personnel at the Cochin
International airport have arrested a passenger after a
`dangerous` substance was found in his baggage, airport
The passenger, hailing from Chennai, was on his way to
Muscat yesterday with the baggage, suspected to be containing
nitroglycerene, an explosive substance.
The explosive-trace-detector machine connected to the
inline baggage screening system at the airport pointed to the
presence of a dangerous substance following which the
passenger, Ponnudurai Murugaiya Pillai was questioned and
later handed over to police.
Nedumbassery police sources said he was arrested today and
The substance, a light yellow liquid, in a 10 litre plastic
can has been handed over to police and would be lab tested,
the sources said.
The man said he was working in a food company in Oman and
the liquid was a flavour to be used while making biscuits.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- NIO discovers world's first ancient settlement destroyed by tsunami
- Apple sends out invite for iPhone 7 launch event
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next film
- Longtime Google executive leaves Uber board of directors
- India, US sign military logistics agreement; can now use each other`s assets, bases