Man streaks on bike, ends up in custody
Kottayam: In a stunning spectacle, a 30-year-old man rode a motorcycle in and around the town here for about an hour before his naked quest was halted by police and local people.
The daring show of the man riding the bike totally naked was first noted by some passersby at the busy K K Road area in the town around the dusk on Thursday.
As he raced on negotiating the evening rush, some onlookers informed the police of the passing show. Unmindful of the embarrassed onlookers or the police and people chasing him on vehicles, the man kept riding through the town`s busy spots and entered the suburbs before got halted by a closed railway gate.
Though he tried to escape by turning to a by-lane, he failed to do so as the road was in a terribly bad shape. Police with the help of the people then caught hold of the man and took him to the police station.
He did not resist when they took him into custody and clad him with a dhoti. The man, who appeared to be mentally depressed, had been charged for the obscene act under the Kerala Police Act and detained at Chingavanam station on the outskirts of the town, police said.
The man has a history of mental depression and hadn`t consumed liquor, police said.
He had been charged with shocking public including women through obscene act and would be produced before a court, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes