Man tries to `gift` slippers to woman judge in Kerala
Kannur: Angered over his divorce petition being dismissed by a family court here, a 62-year-old man allegedly tried to hand over a packet containing a pair of slippers to the judge on Women`s Day.
The man, VV Prabhakaran, came to the family court yesterday morning with the packet and said he wanted to hand over a `present` to judge KV Prasanna Kumari on International Women`s day.
The bench clerk asked him to remove the `present` from his table following which the man moved to the judge`s chamber with it.
When the judge asked him to leave the chamber, he refused and the police guard was called in to remove him. The man shouted at the advocates who questioned him, police sources said, adding, he was taken into custody.
The man had filed a divorce petition which was dismissed by the court, and had protested alleging that the family court
was turning out to be "a court for harassing men".
The lawyers protested the man`s action and the bar association has asked the court to register a case against him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan