Man tries to `gift` slippers to woman judge in Kerala
Kannur: Angered over his divorce petition being dismissed by a family court here, a 62-year-old man allegedly tried to hand over a packet containing a pair of slippers to the judge on Women`s Day.
The man, VV Prabhakaran, came to the family court yesterday morning with the packet and said he wanted to hand over a `present` to judge KV Prasanna Kumari on International Women`s day.
The bench clerk asked him to remove the `present` from his table following which the man moved to the judge`s chamber with it.
When the judge asked him to leave the chamber, he refused and the police guard was called in to remove him. The man shouted at the advocates who questioned him, police sources said, adding, he was taken into custody.
The man had filed a divorce petition which was dismissed by the court, and had protested alleging that the family court
was turning out to be "a court for harassing men".
The lawyers protested the man`s action and the bar association has asked the court to register a case against him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire