Man tries to `gift` slippers to woman judge in Kerala
Kannur: Angered over his divorce petition being dismissed by a family court here, a 62-year-old man allegedly tried to hand over a packet containing a pair of slippers to the judge on Women`s Day.
The man, VV Prabhakaran, came to the family court yesterday morning with the packet and said he wanted to hand over a `present` to judge KV Prasanna Kumari on International Women`s day.
The bench clerk asked him to remove the `present` from his table following which the man moved to the judge`s chamber with it.
When the judge asked him to leave the chamber, he refused and the police guard was called in to remove him. The man shouted at the advocates who questioned him, police sources said, adding, he was taken into custody.
The man had filed a divorce petition which was dismissed by the court, and had protested alleging that the family court
was turning out to be "a court for harassing men".
The lawyers protested the man`s action and the bar association has asked the court to register a case against him.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Sony Xperia XA Ultra launched in India at Rs 29,990
- RS condemns brutal rape of 4-year old in Delhi
- Terrifying video: Chinese woman mauled to death by tiger at Badaling Wildlife Park
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt