Man who sold rifle to an accused in RMP leader`s murder held
Kannur: A man who allegedly manufactured and sold a rifle and dagger to Kodi Suni, an accused in the May 4 murder of Marxist rebel TP Chandrasekharan was arrested today at Iritty in the district, police said.
Thankachan, who was nabbed on information given by one of those already arrested, had sold the rifle to Kodi Suni for Rs 13,000, they said.
Kodi Suni, Manoj Kirmani and Shafi, three of the seven member gang who allegedly killed RMP leader were arrested at Modakkuzhikunnu near Iritty in Kannur district in June.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold of Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was killed at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4. He was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the CPI-M leadership and later floated the Revolutionary Marxist Party.
His murder triggered a political storm in the state with Congress and BJP pointing fingers at CPI(M). Several CPI(M) workers have been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth