Man who sold rifle to an accused in RMP leader`s murder held
Kannur: A man who allegedly manufactured and sold a rifle and dagger to Kodi Suni, an accused in the May 4 murder of Marxist rebel TP Chandrasekharan was arrested today at Iritty in the district, police said.
Thankachan, who was nabbed on information given by one of those already arrested, had sold the rifle to Kodi Suni for Rs 13,000, they said.
Kodi Suni, Manoj Kirmani and Shafi, three of the seven member gang who allegedly killed RMP leader were arrested at Modakkuzhikunnu near Iritty in Kannur district in June.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold of Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was killed at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4. He was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the CPI-M leadership and later floated the Revolutionary Marxist Party.
His murder triggered a political storm in the state with Congress and BJP pointing fingers at CPI(M). Several CPI(M) workers have been arrested in connection with the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town