Man who sold rifle to an accused in RMP leader`s murder held
Kannur: A man who allegedly manufactured and sold a rifle and dagger to Kodi Suni, an accused in the May 4 murder of Marxist rebel TP Chandrasekharan was arrested today at Iritty in the district, police said.
Thankachan, who was nabbed on information given by one of those already arrested, had sold the rifle to Kodi Suni for Rs 13,000, they said.
Kodi Suni, Manoj Kirmani and Shafi, three of the seven member gang who allegedly killed RMP leader were arrested at Modakkuzhikunnu near Iritty in Kannur district in June.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold of Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was killed at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4. He was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the CPI-M leadership and later floated the Revolutionary Marxist Party.
His murder triggered a political storm in the state with Congress and BJP pointing fingers at CPI(M). Several CPI(M) workers have been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'