Manipal gang-rape: Victim in ‘trauma’, Kerala Women Commission chief
Udupi (Karnataka): The 22-year old medical student from Kerala who was kidnapped and gang-raped at nearby Manipal more than a week ago was in a "state of trauma" and not in a position to speak about the incident now, chief of Kerala women`s Commission K C Rosakutty said on Saturday.
The victim and her family were reluctant to meet her and other two members, advocate Rubina Rashid and Dr Tulasi, Rosakutty told. "The victim is in a state of trauma and reluctant to meet us," she said.
The doctors said the victim would be discharged from the hospital in next three days, Rosakutty said.
The team was here to extend Kerala Government`s support to give justice to the victim and her family members, she said. Rosakutty said she would submit a report on her findings to Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy.
Rosakutty said she met IGP (Western Range) Pratap Reddy and discussed the case. "Reddy raised the concern about the victim`s reluctance to speak to police to prove the crime committed by the three accused. I hope the girl speaks up, but for now she is probably not opening up due to mental depression," she said.
She, however, said she was satisfied with the investigation of the police to nab the accused.
The girl was kidnapped and gang-raped by three men in an autorickshaw on late June 20 night. Police on Thursday arrested the three accused, of whom two attempted suicide and are recuperating in hospital.
Hariprasad Poojary, another accused, has been sent to five-day police custody by a district court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city