Manipal gang-rape: Victim in ‘trauma’, Kerala Women Commission chief
Udupi (Karnataka): The 22-year old medical student from Kerala who was kidnapped and gang-raped at nearby Manipal more than a week ago was in a "state of trauma" and not in a position to speak about the incident now, chief of Kerala women`s Commission K C Rosakutty said on Saturday.
The victim and her family were reluctant to meet her and other two members, advocate Rubina Rashid and Dr Tulasi, Rosakutty told. "The victim is in a state of trauma and reluctant to meet us," she said.
The doctors said the victim would be discharged from the hospital in next three days, Rosakutty said.
The team was here to extend Kerala Government`s support to give justice to the victim and her family members, she said. Rosakutty said she would submit a report on her findings to Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy.
Rosakutty said she met IGP (Western Range) Pratap Reddy and discussed the case. "Reddy raised the concern about the victim`s reluctance to speak to police to prove the crime committed by the three accused. I hope the girl speaks up, but for now she is probably not opening up due to mental depression," she said.
She, however, said she was satisfied with the investigation of the police to nab the accused.
The girl was kidnapped and gang-raped by three men in an autorickshaw on late June 20 night. Police on Thursday arrested the three accused, of whom two attempted suicide and are recuperating in hospital.
Hariprasad Poojary, another accused, has been sent to five-day police custody by a district court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more