`Manipulations` in land grabbing cases against Salim Raj: HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday orally observed there were indications of `manipulations` by revenue officials in the two land grabbing cases allegedly involving Salim Raj, former gunman of Chief Minister, Oommen Chandy and a thorough investigation was required.
The observation was made by Justice Harun-Al Rashid after he went through the contents of the lengthy report filed in a sealed cover by the Principal Revenue Secretary regarding the land grabbings in which Raj and his close associates are said to be involved.
Two petitioners had approached the court against Raj, suspended from service after his name figured in the solar panel scam, accusing him of using his influence to assist relatives in grabbing their prime properties at Kadakambally in Thiruvananthapuram and Thrikkakara in Ernakulam districts.
Court held that there are indications in the report regarding connivance of revenue officials in creating false documents.
The judge also asked the government pleader to inform the court whether any action had been taken against revenue officials and said stringent action was necessary.
The case has been posted to December 3 for further hearing.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick