`Manipulations` in land grabbing cases against Salim Raj: HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday orally observed there were indications of `manipulations` by revenue officials in the two land grabbing cases allegedly involving Salim Raj, former gunman of Chief Minister, Oommen Chandy and a thorough investigation was required.
The observation was made by Justice Harun-Al Rashid after he went through the contents of the lengthy report filed in a sealed cover by the Principal Revenue Secretary regarding the land grabbings in which Raj and his close associates are said to be involved.
Two petitioners had approached the court against Raj, suspended from service after his name figured in the solar panel scam, accusing him of using his influence to assist relatives in grabbing their prime properties at Kadakambally in Thiruvananthapuram and Thrikkakara in Ernakulam districts.
Court held that there are indications in the report regarding connivance of revenue officials in creating false documents.
The judge also asked the government pleader to inform the court whether any action had been taken against revenue officials and said stringent action was necessary.
The case has been posted to December 3 for further hearing.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur