`Manipulations` in land grabbing cases against Salim Raj: HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday orally observed there were indications of `manipulations` by revenue officials in the two land grabbing cases allegedly involving Salim Raj, former gunman of Chief Minister, Oommen Chandy and a thorough investigation was required.
The observation was made by Justice Harun-Al Rashid after he went through the contents of the lengthy report filed in a sealed cover by the Principal Revenue Secretary regarding the land grabbings in which Raj and his close associates are said to be involved.
Two petitioners had approached the court against Raj, suspended from service after his name figured in the solar panel scam, accusing him of using his influence to assist relatives in grabbing their prime properties at Kadakambally in Thiruvananthapuram and Thrikkakara in Ernakulam districts.
Court held that there are indications in the report regarding connivance of revenue officials in creating false documents.
The judge also asked the government pleader to inform the court whether any action had been taken against revenue officials and said stringent action was necessary.
The case has been posted to December 3 for further hearing.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more