`Manipulations` in land grabbing cases against Salim Raj: HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday orally observed there were indications of `manipulations` by revenue officials in the two land grabbing cases allegedly involving Salim Raj, former gunman of Chief Minister, Oommen Chandy and a thorough investigation was required.
The observation was made by Justice Harun-Al Rashid after he went through the contents of the lengthy report filed in a sealed cover by the Principal Revenue Secretary regarding the land grabbings in which Raj and his close associates are said to be involved.
Two petitioners had approached the court against Raj, suspended from service after his name figured in the solar panel scam, accusing him of using his influence to assist relatives in grabbing their prime properties at Kadakambally in Thiruvananthapuram and Thrikkakara in Ernakulam districts.
Court held that there are indications in the report regarding connivance of revenue officials in creating false documents.
The judge also asked the government pleader to inform the court whether any action had been taken against revenue officials and said stringent action was necessary.
The case has been posted to December 3 for further hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Gautam Deb: The man behind Mamata's successful Mission North Bengal
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav non-committal on liquor ban, asks people to drink less
- IPL 9: This is a million times better than any hundred I have scored - AB de Villiers on 79-run knock vs GL
- These workout pictures, video of Karan Patel will make you hit the gym!
- Wanted to do something in English: Jacqueline Fernandez