Maoist sympathiser Suguna brought to Kerala
Kochi: Suguna, companion of Maoist leader Malla Raji Reddy, wanted in connection with at least 3 cases here, was brought to Kerala Wednesday for questioning.
Maharashtra police, who brought her here, handed her over to Kerala police following which she was produced before Additional Sessions Court, Ernakulam, and remanded to judicial custody till February six.
Reddy, a Maoist central committee member, who evaded arrest for 39 years, was apprehended in 2007 from nearby Perumbavoor. Though Suguna, a tribal woman, was allegedly living in hiding with him, she had managed to escape, police sources said.
She was arrested a year later from Maharashtra and was lodged in Nagpur central jail. She has been acquitted in all cases there.
However, in Kerala, she is wanted in cases including distribution of seditious leaflets propagating Maoist ideology.
The Internal Security Investigating team will seek her custody for questioning in connection with the arrest of some Maoists from Mavelikkara recently.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof