Maoist sympathiser Suguna brought to Kerala
Kochi: Suguna, companion of Maoist leader Malla Raji Reddy, wanted in connection with at least 3 cases here, was brought to Kerala Wednesday for questioning.
Maharashtra police, who brought her here, handed her over to Kerala police following which she was produced before Additional Sessions Court, Ernakulam, and remanded to judicial custody till February six.
Reddy, a Maoist central committee member, who evaded arrest for 39 years, was apprehended in 2007 from nearby Perumbavoor. Though Suguna, a tribal woman, was allegedly living in hiding with him, she had managed to escape, police sources said.
She was arrested a year later from Maharashtra and was lodged in Nagpur central jail. She has been acquitted in all cases there.
However, in Kerala, she is wanted in cases including distribution of seditious leaflets propagating Maoist ideology.
The Internal Security Investigating team will seek her custody for questioning in connection with the arrest of some Maoists from Mavelikkara recently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference