Maoist sympathiser Suguna brought to Kerala
Kochi: Suguna, companion of Maoist leader Malla Raji Reddy, wanted in connection with at least 3 cases here, was brought to Kerala Wednesday for questioning.
Maharashtra police, who brought her here, handed her over to Kerala police following which she was produced before Additional Sessions Court, Ernakulam, and remanded to judicial custody till February six.
Reddy, a Maoist central committee member, who evaded arrest for 39 years, was apprehended in 2007 from nearby Perumbavoor. Though Suguna, a tribal woman, was allegedly living in hiding with him, she had managed to escape, police sources said.
She was arrested a year later from Maharashtra and was lodged in Nagpur central jail. She has been acquitted in all cases there.
However, in Kerala, she is wanted in cases including distribution of seditious leaflets propagating Maoist ideology.
The Internal Security Investigating team will seek her custody for questioning in connection with the arrest of some Maoists from Mavelikkara recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron