Maoists attack local Congress leader in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: A local Congress leader and a former sarpanch were allegedly attacked by the Maoists here, police said Thursday.
Some Maoists and militia members went to the house of local Congress leader and former zila parishad territorial constituency member Matsya Raju at Devarpalli village in the GK Veedhi mandal last night.
They allegedly beat him up and damaged the house before looting some articles from there.
The number of ultras who attacked the leader was yet to be ascertained, he said.
The Maoists also beat up former sarpanch of Mangalapalem village, Babu Rao, last night, the police official said adding that the reason for the attack was not yet known.
Maoists are said to have threatened the Congress leaders in the agency area of GK Veedhi mandal not to participate in the panchayat elections, scheduled later this month.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened