Maoists attack local Congress leader in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: A local Congress leader and a former sarpanch were allegedly attacked by the Maoists here, police said Thursday.
Some Maoists and militia members went to the house of local Congress leader and former zila parishad territorial constituency member Matsya Raju at Devarpalli village in the GK Veedhi mandal last night.
They allegedly beat him up and damaged the house before looting some articles from there.
The number of ultras who attacked the leader was yet to be ascertained, he said.
The Maoists also beat up former sarpanch of Mangalapalem village, Babu Rao, last night, the police official said adding that the reason for the attack was not yet known.
Maoists are said to have threatened the Congress leaders in the agency area of GK Veedhi mandal not to participate in the panchayat elections, scheduled later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!