Maoists attack local Congress leader in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: A local Congress leader and a former sarpanch were allegedly attacked by the Maoists here, police said Thursday.
Some Maoists and militia members went to the house of local Congress leader and former zila parishad territorial constituency member Matsya Raju at Devarpalli village in the GK Veedhi mandal last night.
They allegedly beat him up and damaged the house before looting some articles from there.
The number of ultras who attacked the leader was yet to be ascertained, he said.
The Maoists also beat up former sarpanch of Mangalapalem village, Babu Rao, last night, the police official said adding that the reason for the attack was not yet known.
Maoists are said to have threatened the Congress leaders in the agency area of GK Veedhi mandal not to participate in the panchayat elections, scheduled later this month.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- People spreading violence can't be Kashmiris, says Mehbooba
- Jagdish Mukhi sworn in as Lt Guv of Andaman and Nicobar
- Over 55 students hospitalised after consuming food from college hostel in TN
- Sikh candidate's billboard painted with 'ISIS' in NZ
- Syria border region must be `cleansed` of ISIS jihadists: Turkey