Maoists attack local Congress leader in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: A local Congress leader and a former sarpanch were allegedly attacked by the Maoists here, police said Thursday.
Some Maoists and militia members went to the house of local Congress leader and former zila parishad territorial constituency member Matsya Raju at Devarpalli village in the GK Veedhi mandal last night.
They allegedly beat him up and damaged the house before looting some articles from there.
The number of ultras who attacked the leader was yet to be ascertained, he said.
The Maoists also beat up former sarpanch of Mangalapalem village, Babu Rao, last night, the police official said adding that the reason for the attack was not yet known.
Maoists are said to have threatened the Congress leaders in the agency area of GK Veedhi mandal not to participate in the panchayat elections, scheduled later this month.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption