Maoists attempting to spread in Kerala
New Delhi: Maoists are making serious attempts to expand their activities in Kerala, official sources said on Wednesday.
Intelligence in this regard has been shared by the Centre with the state government, the sources said.
They, however, said that the situation is not yet worrisome and the state authorities have also been informed about the necessary mechanism to counter the naxal activities.
The sources also said that the Centre had warned states about communal violence in different parts of the country and UP has been among the top states in this regard. They also added that the role of jehadi groups have been proven in many past cases of fanning communal violence in the country.
Asked whether Muzaffarnagar violence would have adverse impact on talks with Pakistan, sources however asserted that no country has any rights to bring domestic issues in bilateral talks.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’