Maoists attempting to spread in Kerala
New Delhi: Maoists are making serious attempts to expand their activities in Kerala, official sources said on Wednesday.
Intelligence in this regard has been shared by the Centre with the state government, the sources said.
They, however, said that the situation is not yet worrisome and the state authorities have also been informed about the necessary mechanism to counter the naxal activities.
The sources also said that the Centre had warned states about communal violence in different parts of the country and UP has been among the top states in this regard. They also added that the role of jehadi groups have been proven in many past cases of fanning communal violence in the country.
Asked whether Muzaffarnagar violence would have adverse impact on talks with Pakistan, sources however asserted that no country has any rights to bring domestic issues in bilateral talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack