Marines to be in court tomorrow for pre-trial procedures
Kerala: Setting the stage for trial in the `Enrica Lexie` ship case, two Italian marines charged with shooting to death two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast will be produced in the District and Sessions Court on Saturday.
Sessions Judge P D Rajan had issued the relevant warrant to prison authorities to produce the marines, Latore Massimilliano and Salvatore Girone, who are the first and second accused in the case.
The First Class Magistrate Court , where the case was initially considered, had a few days ago issued a committal warrant for transferring the case to Sessions Court for trial.
The marines, engaged for security of the Italian vessel Enrica Lexie, were arrested on February 19 on the charge of opening fire and killing fishermen Jalastine and Ajesh Binki who had ventured into the sea from Neendakara near here in a fishing boat which had nine others on board.
The marines have been under custody since then, mostly in the Central Prison at Thiruvananthapuram before being moved to Borstal School at Kochi a few days ago.
In a respite for the two marines, the Kerala High court had on Wednesday granted them bail with stringent conditions but they were yet to come out of detention after fulfilling the conditions.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt