Mass Ramzan prayer take pledge against terrorism
Malappuram (Ker): Braving inclement weather, hundreds of believers converged here for a mass prayer and took a pledge against terrorism and alcoholism to mark the 26th day of the holy month of Ramadan.
The Sunday prayer meeting, which lasted till this morning, was organised by Malappuram-based Ma`din Academy, a major educational and charity centre.
The Ramzan spiritual conference has been an annual feature for the last few years, attracting faithful from different parts of the state and outside.
The prayer meet held at Swalath Nagar, billed as one of the largest Ramzan congregations of the country, was led by Sayyid Ibrahim Khaleel Al Bukhari, chairman of the academy.
In his message to the congregation, Sayyid Bukhari called upon the faithful to restrain from all activities that smack of terrorism and extremism and strive for unity and social harmony of the country.
He also said believers should act as the ambassadors of peace and tolerance which are the basis of Islam and urged them to use social media for good causes.
"It should be a tool to unite people, not to divide them, a way to love not for hatred. Youth should not become tools in the hands of anti-social elements in society," Bukhari said.
Kanthapuram Aboobacker Musliyar, general secretary of All India Jamiyyathul Ulema and other scholars attended the gathering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!