Mass Ramzan prayer take pledge against terrorism
Malappuram (Ker): Braving inclement weather, hundreds of believers converged here for a mass prayer and took a pledge against terrorism and alcoholism to mark the 26th day of the holy month of Ramadan.
The Sunday prayer meeting, which lasted till this morning, was organised by Malappuram-based Ma`din Academy, a major educational and charity centre.
The Ramzan spiritual conference has been an annual feature for the last few years, attracting faithful from different parts of the state and outside.
The prayer meet held at Swalath Nagar, billed as one of the largest Ramzan congregations of the country, was led by Sayyid Ibrahim Khaleel Al Bukhari, chairman of the academy.
In his message to the congregation, Sayyid Bukhari called upon the faithful to restrain from all activities that smack of terrorism and extremism and strive for unity and social harmony of the country.
He also said believers should act as the ambassadors of peace and tolerance which are the basis of Islam and urged them to use social media for good causes.
"It should be a tool to unite people, not to divide them, a way to love not for hatred. Youth should not become tools in the hands of anti-social elements in society," Bukhari said.
Kanthapuram Aboobacker Musliyar, general secretary of All India Jamiyyathul Ulema and other scholars attended the gathering.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31