Master thief ‘Bunty Chor’ strikes in Kerala
Thiruvanathapuram: The probe into a high-profile theft at the bungalow of an NRI businessman took an unexpected turn when investigators found that the crime was carried out by the notorious Delhi-based thief Devender Singh alias ‘Bunty Chor’.
The notorious thief struck at the residence of businessman K Venugopalan Nair at Marappalam and decamped with a Mitsubishi Outlander and costly gadgets worth nearly Rs 30 lakhs.
After grabs from the CCTV footage from the house was published, police got several calls from people identifying the man as ‘Bunty Chor’. The final confirmation came after the manager of a lodge in the city called with the information that the person in picture had stayed there from January 18 to 20 under the name Devinder Singh and had given his driving licence as identity proof, reports said.
The police then sent the finger prints collected from the crime scene to Delhi Police and got the confirmation that they were of Bunty.
The police believe that Bunty would have crossed the state border within hours of the crime. Investigators are trying to locate him through the GPS fitted in the expensive SUV.
Bunty Chor has been reportedly involved in over 500 thefts and became a celebrity after Bollywood actor Abhay Deol`s character in the film `Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye` was reportedly based on him.
He had also participated in the reality show Bigg Boss but was soon asked to leave due to his behaviour.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing