Master thief ‘Bunty Chor’ strikes in Kerala
Thiruvanathapuram: The probe into a high-profile theft at the bungalow of an NRI businessman took an unexpected turn when investigators found that the crime was carried out by the notorious Delhi-based thief Devender Singh alias ‘Bunty Chor’.
The notorious thief struck at the residence of businessman K Venugopalan Nair at Marappalam and decamped with a Mitsubishi Outlander and costly gadgets worth nearly Rs 30 lakhs.
After grabs from the CCTV footage from the house was published, police got several calls from people identifying the man as ‘Bunty Chor’. The final confirmation came after the manager of a lodge in the city called with the information that the person in picture had stayed there from January 18 to 20 under the name Devinder Singh and had given his driving licence as identity proof, reports said.
The police then sent the finger prints collected from the crime scene to Delhi Police and got the confirmation that they were of Bunty.
The police believe that Bunty would have crossed the state border within hours of the crime. Investigators are trying to locate him through the GPS fitted in the expensive SUV.
Bunty Chor has been reportedly involved in over 500 thefts and became a celebrity after Bollywood actor Abhay Deol`s character in the film `Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye` was reportedly based on him.
He had also participated in the reality show Bigg Boss but was soon asked to leave due to his behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data