Match Gulf attitudes: Kerala min to Indian drivers
Dubai: Kerala Transport Minister Jose
Thettayil has appealed to Indian road users to change their
behaviour to match the attitude prevailing in the Gulf
countries regarding traffic rules.
According to a news report, Thettayil referred to the
"chaotic and noisy scenes witnessed on Indian roads, including
motorists` excessive use of horns, driving through red lights
and generally failing to comply with traffic regulations and
said that Indians would not dare do these things in Kuwait.
"Police enforcement of traffic regulations is
difficult in India," the minister who is visiting Kuwait was
quoted as saying.
Thettayil was in Kuwait for the inaugural celebrations
marking the establishment of the Angamaly Association.
"The Indian media portray traffic offenders as victims
and the police as dictators. That`s something we don`t see in
the Gulf states or in Western countries. A cultural change
should happen," he said at a press conference at the
Bharatheeya Vidya Bhavan School to mark the association`s
The association was established as an organisation for
Indian expatriates from Angamaly, the minister`s home town.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price