Menon`s social commitment worthy of emulation for all: Chandy
Thrissur: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said noted industrialist and Chairman of Behzad Group of Companies, Middle East, C K Menon`s social commitment towards all, especially for the poor and downtrodden section of society, was worthy of emulation.
Inaugurating the Rs.13 million C K Menon Block of the CMS Higher Seconday School here, Chandy said Menon had liberally contributed for renovation and maintenance of the `Lakh Colony houses` given to poor people when they were in a dilapidated condition in the state. Chandy said when he made a request to Menon in this regard years ago when he was the chief minister, the industrialist had readily agreed.
It showed his commitment to thepoor and downtrodden and large-heartedness, Chandy said, adding, Menon was a former student of the school.
Having taken into consideration his selfless service to the nation and particularly for Kerala, Central government conferred on him the Padma Shri and Pravasi Bharatiya award, he added.
Minister for Co-operation, C N Balakrishnan presided. Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary committee, P C Chacko, MP released the souvenir on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?