`Metro rail a reality in 3 years if various issues overcome`
Kannur: The Kochi Metro rail project would be completed in three years if various issues like strikes and labour problem in Kerala are avoided, principal advisor to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation E Sreedharan said here on Monday.
"The Metro rail project can be a reality within three years if various issues like strikes, shortage of sand and labour problem are avoided," Sreedharan, also the principal advisor of the Kochi project, said.
Delivering the keynote address at a function at Kannur University, he said there would not be any problem if there was "social commitment", which is of utmost importance. "Projects like Konkan railway and Delhi metro rail projects taught me this," he said.
Sreedharan said the Delhi metro rail project was completed before schedule and this was not because of any one individual but due to team work.
"At present four projects, the Kochi Metro rail, Rs 3,000 crore Thiruvananthapuram monorail, Kozhikode monorail and the Thiruvanathapuram-Kasargod High speed Rail Corridor are before me," he said.
The high speed rail corridor project when completed will enable one to travel from Thiruvananthapuram to Kasargod in two-and-a-half hours and Thiruvananthapuram to Kochi in 40 minutes, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!