`Metro rail a reality in 3 years if various issues overcome`
Kannur: The Kochi Metro rail project would be completed in three years if various issues like strikes and labour problem in Kerala are avoided, principal advisor to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation E Sreedharan said here on Monday.
"The Metro rail project can be a reality within three years if various issues like strikes, shortage of sand and labour problem are avoided," Sreedharan, also the principal advisor of the Kochi project, said.
Delivering the keynote address at a function at Kannur University, he said there would not be any problem if there was "social commitment", which is of utmost importance. "Projects like Konkan railway and Delhi metro rail projects taught me this," he said.
Sreedharan said the Delhi metro rail project was completed before schedule and this was not because of any one individual but due to team work.
"At present four projects, the Kochi Metro rail, Rs 3,000 crore Thiruvananthapuram monorail, Kozhikode monorail and the Thiruvanathapuram-Kasargod High speed Rail Corridor are before me," he said.
The high speed rail corridor project when completed will enable one to travel from Thiruvananthapuram to Kasargod in two-and-a-half hours and Thiruvananthapuram to Kochi in 40 minutes, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief