Mild tremor in parts of Kollam
Thiruvananthapuram: A mild tremor occurred in parts of Kollam district in Kerala on Wednesday but no loss of life or property was reported.
According to an IMD report, the quake was of 2.7 intensity on the Richter scale and it occurred around 8:30 am.
Its epicentre lay at 8.8 degree north latitude and 77.2 degree east longitude and had a focal depth of 5 km, IMD sources said.
The tremor was felt in Kundara area, about 15 km east of Kollam town.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble