Mild tremors shake Kerala`s Idukki district
Kottayam: Mild tremors were felt in Upputhara and Peerumedu taluk areas of Idukki district Friday, leaving cracks in some houses.
The magnitude of the first tremor at 5.27 am was 2.8 on the Richter Scale, while the second at 5.45 am was of 3.2 magnitude, collectorate officials said.
Cracks developed in the walls of some houses in the two areas after the tremors.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics