Minor tremors felt in Kozhikode city, suburbs
Kozhikode: A minor tremor lasting a few seconds was felt in Kozhikode and nearby suburbs on Wednesday afternoon, but no casualties were reported, officials said.
Meteorological Department officials in Thiruvananthapuram said that the tremor, which occurred at around 1420 hrs measured at 3.4 on the Richter scale.
Members of the public told television channels that they felt vibrations inside their homes and heard rumbling sounds.
Police said information received indicated that the tremor was felt within a 20 km radius of Kozhikode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions