Minor tremors felt in Kozhikode city, suburbs
Kozhikode: A minor tremor lasting a few seconds was felt in Kozhikode and nearby suburbs on Wednesday afternoon, but no casualties were reported, officials said.
Meteorological Department officials in Thiruvananthapuram said that the tremor, which occurred at around 1420 hrs measured at 3.4 on the Richter scale.
Members of the public told television channels that they felt vibrations inside their homes and heard rumbling sounds.
Police said information received indicated that the tremor was felt within a 20 km radius of Kozhikode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?