Missing dhow: Search operation continues, one rescued
Kozhikode: One out of the three sailors of cargo-laden `dhow` reported missing after it sank off Parapanangai in the Arabian Sea on Saturday, was rescued on Tuesday, police said.
The rescued person was identified as Michael (59), police said over telephone from Azheekode.
Michael was rescued 26 nautical miles off Chavakkad coast in Thrissur district, he said.
The search for the other two persons by the Coast Guard, fisheries and Coastal police are in full swing, police said.
Michael has been admitted to Kodungallur Government hospital, they said.
Search operation by Coast Guard and Dornier aircraft is being carried out in the vicinity where the dhow was located, for the fourth day, they said.
The dhow `Arul Seeli`, which was on its way from nearby Beypore to Lakshadweep islands with eight crew members, had sank 24 nautical miles off the coast after developing a leak.
Three persons were rescued on the day of the mishap and two the next day.
The dhow was located 26 nautical miles off Ponnani coast on Sunday during a coordinated search by the coast guard ship `Annie Besant` and a dornier aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter