Missing dhow: Search operation continues, one rescued
Kozhikode: One out of the three sailors of cargo-laden `dhow` reported missing after it sank off Parapanangai in the Arabian Sea on Saturday, was rescued on Tuesday, police said.
The rescued person was identified as Michael (59), police said over telephone from Azheekode.
Michael was rescued 26 nautical miles off Chavakkad coast in Thrissur district, he said.
The search for the other two persons by the Coast Guard, fisheries and Coastal police are in full swing, police said.
Michael has been admitted to Kodungallur Government hospital, they said.
Search operation by Coast Guard and Dornier aircraft is being carried out in the vicinity where the dhow was located, for the fourth day, they said.
The dhow `Arul Seeli`, which was on its way from nearby Beypore to Lakshadweep islands with eight crew members, had sank 24 nautical miles off the coast after developing a leak.
Three persons were rescued on the day of the mishap and two the next day.
The dhow was located 26 nautical miles off Ponnani coast on Sunday during a coordinated search by the coast guard ship `Annie Besant` and a dornier aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi