Mizoram affected by bandh
Aizawl: Normal life was completely disrupted in Aizawl city as the 12-hour bandh called by the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo Students Federation, to protest attacks against people from the north-east, received huge public support.
All government offices, banks, financial institutions, educational institutions and shops and business establishments remained close for the day.
Except for student volunteers, law enforcement officials and media persons, people remained indoors and vehicles were off the road making the city wore a deserted look.
Aizawl District Superintendent of Police P L R Dingliana Sailo told PTI that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident has been reported from any where.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam