Mizoram affected by bandh
Aizawl: Normal life was completely disrupted in Aizawl city as the 12-hour bandh called by the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo Students Federation, to protest attacks against people from the north-east, received huge public support.
All government offices, banks, financial institutions, educational institutions and shops and business establishments remained close for the day.
Except for student volunteers, law enforcement officials and media persons, people remained indoors and vehicles were off the road making the city wore a deserted look.
Aizawl District Superintendent of Police P L R Dingliana Sailo told PTI that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident has been reported from any where.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj