Mizoram affected by bandh
Aizawl: Normal life was completely disrupted in Aizawl city as the 12-hour bandh called by the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo Students Federation, to protest attacks against people from the north-east, received huge public support.
All government offices, banks, financial institutions, educational institutions and shops and business establishments remained close for the day.
Except for student volunteers, law enforcement officials and media persons, people remained indoors and vehicles were off the road making the city wore a deserted look.
Aizawl District Superintendent of Police P L R Dingliana Sailo told PTI that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident has been reported from any where.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi