MM Mani embarrasses CPI(M) again
Thiruvananthapuram: After putting the CPI-M in Kerala in the dock by his controversial speech that it had eliminated political foes in the past, party leader M M Mani has once again purportedly made a similar claim embarrassing the party further.
Addressing a meeting, organised by the CPI-M at Adimali Pathamile in Idukki district last evening, Mani said the party was responsible for the murder of a local leader of the Congress`s trade union wing INTUC some years ago.
The audio of the speech purportedly made by Mani was broadcast by Malayalam television channels today.
"Our people were involved in the killing", Mani said referring to the murder of an INTUC leader which was carried out as a retaliatory act for killing a pro-CPI(M) CITU leader.
Though the case had been investigated and the accused punished, now there were moves to implicate him by reviving it, he said.
Mani also took at a dig at CPI state secretary Panniayan Raveendran, saying the left ally had acted like a betrayer in time of the CPI(M)`s distress.
Mani then went on to allude to certain episodes of folklore of north Kerala to suggest that despite being an ally CPI had sought to deceive CPI(M) when it was in trouble.
Mani was removed as CPI-M Idukki district secretary a couple of months ago and later dropped from the state committee for his speech at Thodupuzha that the party had physically eliminated its foes in the area in the 1980s.
Based on Mani`s "revelation" police ordered fresh probe in these cases and criminal charges were framed against Mani and some other CPI-M leaders in Idukki district.
His speech could not have come at a worse time for the CPI-M as it was grappling with the fallout of the murder of marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan in May this year with several of its leaders arrested in connection with the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill