MM Mani permitted to enter Idukki after two months
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday ordered that former CPI(M) Idukki district secretary M M Mani, who was arrested in connection with the murder of an INTUC activist and later released on bail, can enter the district after August 20.
Justice SS Sateeshchandran issued the order on a petition by Mani seeking to modify bail conditions.
The court said after the two-month period starting today, Mani can enter Idukki without its permission.
Mani had created a political storm by stating that the CPI(M) had allegedly prepared a hit list in the 1980s to eliminate its opponents and had been arrested in connection with the 1982 murder of Anchery Baby. He was granted bail this January.
Since the past six months, the CPI(M) leader was staying outside the district in a relative`s house.
The investigation in the case was in the final stages and would be completed within two months, Director General of Prosecution submitted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees