MM Mani permitted to enter Idukki after two months
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday ordered that former CPI(M) Idukki district secretary M M Mani, who was arrested in connection with the murder of an INTUC activist and later released on bail, can enter the district after August 20.
Justice SS Sateeshchandran issued the order on a petition by Mani seeking to modify bail conditions.
The court said after the two-month period starting today, Mani can enter Idukki without its permission.
Mani had created a political storm by stating that the CPI(M) had allegedly prepared a hit list in the 1980s to eliminate its opponents and had been arrested in connection with the 1982 murder of Anchery Baby. He was granted bail this January.
Since the past six months, the CPI(M) leader was staying outside the district in a relative`s house.
The investigation in the case was in the final stages and would be completed within two months, Director General of Prosecution submitted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days