MM Mani permitted to enter Idukki after two months
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Thursday ordered that former CPI(M) Idukki district secretary M M Mani, who was arrested in connection with the murder of an INTUC activist and later released on bail, can enter the district after August 20.
Justice SS Sateeshchandran issued the order on a petition by Mani seeking to modify bail conditions.
The court said after the two-month period starting today, Mani can enter Idukki without its permission.
Mani had created a political storm by stating that the CPI(M) had allegedly prepared a hit list in the 1980s to eliminate its opponents and had been arrested in connection with the 1982 murder of Anchery Baby. He was granted bail this January.
Since the past six months, the CPI(M) leader was staying outside the district in a relative`s house.
The investigation in the case was in the final stages and would be completed within two months, Director General of Prosecution submitted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog