MOH Farook sworn in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Puducherry chief minister MOH Farook was on Thursday sworn in as the Governor of Kerala.
Farook, who succeeds RS Gavai, was administered the oath of office by Kerala High Court Chief Justice J Chalameswar at a function in the Raj Bhavan.
An eminent public figure, Farook has also served as Governor in Jharkhand, Union Minister and Indian Ambassador in Saudi Arabia.
He served as Puducherry chief minister thrice – the first from April 09, 1967 to March 06, 1968, then from March 17, 1969 to January 03, 1974 and from 1985 to 1990.
74-year-old Farook is the 19th Governor of the state since its formation in 1956.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, ministers, leaders of various political parties and senior officials were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah