MOH Farook sworn in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Puducherry chief minister MOH Farook was on Thursday sworn in as the Governor of Kerala.
Farook, who succeeds RS Gavai, was administered the oath of office by Kerala High Court Chief Justice J Chalameswar at a function in the Raj Bhavan.
An eminent public figure, Farook has also served as Governor in Jharkhand, Union Minister and Indian Ambassador in Saudi Arabia.
He served as Puducherry chief minister thrice – the first from April 09, 1967 to March 06, 1968, then from March 17, 1969 to January 03, 1974 and from 1985 to 1990.
74-year-old Farook is the 19th Governor of the state since its formation in 1956.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, ministers, leaders of various political parties and senior officials were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know