MOH Farook sworn in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Puducherry chief minister MOH Farook was on Thursday sworn in as the Governor of Kerala.
Farook, who succeeds RS Gavai, was administered the oath of office by Kerala High Court Chief Justice J Chalameswar at a function in the Raj Bhavan.
An eminent public figure, Farook has also served as Governor in Jharkhand, Union Minister and Indian Ambassador in Saudi Arabia.
He served as Puducherry chief minister thrice – the first from April 09, 1967 to March 06, 1968, then from March 17, 1969 to January 03, 1974 and from 1985 to 1990.
74-year-old Farook is the 19th Governor of the state since its formation in 1956.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, ministers, leaders of various political parties and senior officials were present at the swearing-in ceremony.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur