Monsoon gains momentum over Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: After remaining weak for two days following its sluggish onset over Kerala, south west monsoon gained momentum bringing rains to most parts of the state today.
"Rain occurred at most places in Kerala and at a few places in Lakshadweep," the Meteorological Centre said in a bulletin here.
Heavy rainfall, exceeding 7 cm, has been predicted at isolated places in Kerala and Lakshadweep till June 10.
Kottayam received the highest amount of rainfall of 7 cm.
Cherthala in Alappuzha district, Vaikom and Kumarakom in Kottayam district, Konni in Pathanamthitta district and Thrissur received 5 cm each.
Squally weather with wind speed of 50-60 kmph is likely to be experienced along Kerala coast and over Lakshadweep during the next 24 hours, it said.
Fishermen have been advised to be cautious while venturing into sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical