More arrests likely in rape of 13-year-old in Kerala
Kannur: After arresting the father, brother and an uncle for the rape of a 13-year-old in Kerala, police say more people may be taken into custody.
The girl would have met a horrid fate, like her elder sister two years ago, if not for her teacher and a Congress activist, Suma Balakrishnan.
Speaking to IANS, Suma said the distraught girl told her teacher that she would commit suicide like her sister. The teacher took up the matter with the headmaster, and the matter finally reached police.
Following her statements, her father, her 15-year-old brother and an uncle were arrested last week, said Suma.
When the girl`s sister died, it was claimed that her death was caused by a stove explosion.
Suma said they had approached Home Minister T Radhakrishnan seeking a thorough probe into the earlier death as well and the arrest of all those involved in the two crimes.
Additional Director General of Police N Shankar Reddy told IANS that the police were on the right track.
"The investigating team has spoken to the victim. The earlier incident is also before us and, if need be, will be looked into," he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'