More arrests likely in rape of 13-year-old in Kerala
Kannur: After arresting the father, brother and an uncle for the rape of a 13-year-old in Kerala, police say more people may be taken into custody.
The girl would have met a horrid fate, like her elder sister two years ago, if not for her teacher and a Congress activist, Suma Balakrishnan.
Speaking to IANS, Suma said the distraught girl told her teacher that she would commit suicide like her sister. The teacher took up the matter with the headmaster, and the matter finally reached police.
Following her statements, her father, her 15-year-old brother and an uncle were arrested last week, said Suma.
When the girl`s sister died, it was claimed that her death was caused by a stove explosion.
Suma said they had approached Home Minister T Radhakrishnan seeking a thorough probe into the earlier death as well and the arrest of all those involved in the two crimes.
Additional Director General of Police N Shankar Reddy told IANS that the police were on the right track.
"The investigating team has spoken to the victim. The earlier incident is also before us and, if need be, will be looked into," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation